Overview of actions on May 27th
The AfD will gather at noon on May 27th at Washingtonplatz at the Hauptbahnhof / central train station and from there will be marching to the Brandenburg Gate (Platz des 18. März).
We will not allow this to take place unhindered! Berlin should remain closed for racists due to overcrowding! To achieve this, we are planning multiple events, from a festival to mass blockades, to stand up to the AfD and its inhumane politics.
Action meeting points (11:00 a.m.)
Hallesches Tor – Mehringplatz
Rally at the Platz der Republik / Reichtagswiese (lawn in front of the Reichstag building)
What else is going on in Berlin?
- Sparkling Demo (“Glänzende Demo”): At 11:00 a.m. the artists and theater folks from the group DIE VIELEN will get their sparkly parade on, starting at the Volkspark am Weinberg and proceeding to Pariser Platz at the Brandenburg Gate.
- Rave: Berlin’s club and open-air scene-makers are organizing a rave through Berlin’s Mitte district. Starting at 12 noon, the Reclaim Club Culture parade will get underway under the banner “as long as it hits hard. Blow the AfD away with bass beats“ (“Hauptsache es knallt. AfD wegbassen”).
- We Stay United: The antiracist initiative We’ll Come United is holding a rally with music at Bertold-Brecht-Platz starting at 12:00.
Keeping track of everything
- Keep track of the many protests going on that day with our action map, coming soon – watch this space!
- You can get up-to-date info on May 27th by calling our info hotline (the number will be published on Saturday evening)
- Stay up to speed on Twitter and by checking out our demo ticker
- We recommend the following hashtags: #b2705 | #stopptdenhass | #noafd_b